La Mamounia is one of the world’s most famous hotels and its long-awaited reopening was just in September. The hotel has been closed for three years, but why the wait? What is so Haute about it?
71 suites, including 7 signature suites and 3 riads, each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons and a private terrace complete with ozone swimming pool. This Haute hotel has hosted the ‘who’s who’ of international royalty, politicians, celebrities and the jet set. It is globally regarded as one of the most notable and desirable hotels in the world.
Now to the beauty – everything is over the top with this hotel and so is the day spa experience. Shiseido, based on a philosophy distinguished by ancient traditions of health and beauty combined with state-of-the-art technology, is the perfect counterpart to Mamounia Spa. Inspired by the company’s cultural heritage, Shiseido’s signature Qi Method introduces a holistic dimension to beauty treatments, combining Eastern and Western massage techniques with the use of Shiseido skincare products.
Under the direction of Paris’ acclaimed celebrity coiffeur, La Mamounia’s hair salon by Jean Michel Faretra Paris offers high style for both men and women. Noted for his creativity and skill, Faretra has been recognized as one of the world’s top hair designers by industry leaders and media alike. An ambassador for Sebastian and Wella Color, Faretra also works with Shiseido cosmetics to transform guest’s hair and makeup with flair.
The food, the spa, the hair, the health and wellness of this grand sanctuary will lead you right to that Haute lifestyle you always deserved.
by Jasmine Montgomery
WHAT THEY WORE (apart from the obvious – too much black!):
- Salma Hayek went for a black Gucci asymmetrical gown and totally rocked it
- Daria Werbowy opted for a casual model-off-duty look; I would not be surprised if her tag reads DSquared2 (who came along to the party)
- Gwyneth Paltrow really stood out in a nude Donna Karan Spring 2010 one-sleeved gown
- Sweet but not-so-innocent Miranda Kerr wore sleeveless Burberry, which by the way could have been shorter… much shorter
- Jennifer Aniston did what she does best – wore a super safe Celine dress *yawn*